Everyone loves Stove Top Stuffing. There are various flavors. The most versatile is the chicken flavor since it goes with almost everything. In this case we are making the Low Sodium Chicken version.
2 cup measuring cup
1) Measure 1 1/2 cups of water in your measuring cup and pour into your pot. You do not have to be exact as long as you add more than is needed. If you add less it will be crunchy.
2) Turn the burner on to high and start the water boiling
3) measure out 4 tablespoons of butter. You don't do this with a tablespoon but the marks on a stick of butter are 1 tablespoon each. 4 tablespoons is half of a normal stick of butter. Again, this does not have to be exact and I usually add a little more butter than is called for.
4) Once the water is boiling and the butter has melted you can turn off the burner
5) Pour in the pouch of stuffing. Now stir, stir, stir. Use your hot pad to hold the pot! If you try and stir without holding the pot you will make a mess. You want to make sure that all of the stuffing mix is moist. If it is not then you need to stir more.
6) Once everything is stirred together, put the lid on for 5 minutes. This allows the water to soak into the stuffing and make it all moist.
7) You are ready to serve.